Open the door to a world of opportunity
As you’ll discover, freelance writing offers a unique opportunity for work independence and, at the same time, the chance to indulge your passions and flex your creativity. What’s more, you are being paid to do so!
Freelance writing is undeniably a lot of fun. But, it can also bring you widespread recognition, perhaps even some fame and fortune. This is one of the few professions that does not discriminate in any way.
This craft does not require a university degree or other academic qualifications. Once you know what the market requires you have a highly profitable skill. By definition you become a professional writer with your first sale. Be prepared for one of the most exciting and rewarding experiences of your life.
There is also the quiet but undeniable pleasure of seeing your name and material in print. Furthermore, in providing information and pleasure to your readers, in providing recognition to those who deserve it and sometimes assistance to those who need it.
You’ll discover that being a freelance writer gives you status. The very nature of your work also puts you in contact with endless people of interest – those who are worthy of writing about.
You’ll also discover freelance writing is an adventure limited only by your own ambition and interest – qualities that will be further developed by this course.
Becoming a freelance journalist can take you into such areas as:
- Music & Entertainment
- Movies & Show business
- Business & Finance
- Personal Development
- Health & Fitness
- The Environment
- Social Justice
- PR & Marketing
- Food, Wine & Restaurants
Freelance material that publishers require
In every area of publishing you will see potential work for the freelance writer.
The Professional Freelance Journalism Course shows you how to handle all of these assignments and more:
- General feature articles
- Human interest articles
- Personal development
- How-To articles
- Travel articles
- Entertainment features
- Medical writing & columns
- Personal experience
- Health & fitness writing
- Financial writing and analysis
- Humour columns
- Sports articles
- Food & wine writing
- Movie reviews
- Regular columns
- Press Releases
- PR & Marketing material
Per capita, British people are some of the biggest purchasers and consumers of newspapers and magazines in the world. For anyone planning to become a freelance journalist, this is the best news you will ever read.
There are an estimated 8000 magazine titles alone available in the United Kingdom. This does not take into account metropolitan newspapers, regional newspapers, community newspapers, corporate publications, websites and a host of other possible markets for the freelance writer.
Benefit from years of experience
At the outset, you receive the benefit of years of knowledge and experience from current industry professionals. Their insider’s secrets immediately place you years ahead of any other beginning writer.
Editors are hungry for competent material and will pay for it. Every magazine and newspaper worldwide has empty pages to fill. This course shows you how to go about it. You’ll also find your course loads of fun.
Here are some other reasons to consider taking the exciting step of becoming a freelance writer:
- Your passions: If you have a deep interest in any subject, chances are this subject will interest others. You can turn this passion into profit and get paid for doing what you enjoy.
- Profit: Freelance writers are usually well paid. At the same time, overheads are minuscule and you can work from home or any location of your choosing.
- Independence: You can work for yourself, you can usually determine your own working schedule and you can also choose the type of work that most interests you.
- Self-esteem: As a freelance journalist, you’ll discover you enjoy a special standing within the community. People are interested in what you do.
- Support: Student Services Co-ordinators are available via email at anytime. We aim to respond to your questions and concerns within one business day.
- Confidence: Rest assured that you are learning from industry leaders in distance-education, with over a decade’s experience in producing competent writers. You are learning from writers and journalists who have an intimate knowledge of the freelance journalism industry, who want to see you succeed in a writing career of your choosing.